Do you hate sighting bugs around you? Bed bugs are hard to spot and whether spotted or not, these bugs generally affect our normal day to day life. On average we spend 8-10 hours a day in bed and may experience ongoing and incessant “bites,” which make taking drastic measures a necessity. Though these bed bugs do not transmit disease, the irritation they can cause can impact your health or cause infection. As a side note, 50% of the population do not react to bed bug “bites” at all so the infestation may go unchecked.
How to Determine if You Have Bed Bugs
Traditionally, human inspection was done to confirm the presence of bed bugs. These days, however, K-9’s are used to scent detect if bed bugs are in your home and are a more reliable option. Trained dogs sniff out live bed bugs and their eggs and can identify early bed bug infestation when signs are minimal.
Why K-9 Dogs?
Dogs possess a strong sense of smell, at least 10,000 times greater than that of a human, which allows them to detect bed bugs without any disruption. Unlike human inspectors, these dogs are more likely to identify bed bugs quickly and in a more reliable way. We are able to ensure higher accuracy – 95-100% – as compared to a human inspection which offers only 50% accuracy.
Some Facts About Bed Bugs
- The average life of a bed bug spans about six months. They can and do live up to 400 days in hiding without a meal.
- Bed bugs can travel under baseboards in to of the walls of a home. From there they can come outside into the room next door or move to other areas of the home. They thrive in beds and tight, dark, hidden places.
- Bed bugs proliferate quickly; females can lay as many as 300-500 eggs in her lifetime.
How Can We Help You?
Bugs can be anywhere – on the couch you sit on, in your bed and headboard, in the walls and under baseboards. Anywhere you sit out in the public can be a place to pick up bed bugs and have them hitchhike back into your home. Bed bug infestations happen silently. If you think you have bed bugs, you should get it checked out.
- Our experience helps us approach the process of inspections in a clear and concise manner. We ensure much higher accuracy with our bed bug K-9s.
- We take away the burden of not knowing to make it less stressful for you. We have multiple highly and professionally trained K-9s and a bed bug extermination team that takes all the measures necessary for lasting and effective results.
- If you have bed bugs, we can get to you quickly to resolve your problem with an eco-friendly spray that will kill the bed bugs mechanically, with high pressure steam heat, and if necessary with heat encapsulation of your furniture. We do not suggest whole house heat because heat in and of itself repels bed bugs and that spreads them further in your home making it more likely that they will not all be killed by the process.
Call or write us back to know more about it. (844) 724-3370 ~ Email Us