Fast Response - Call 510-886-1236
How to prepare your home for Bed Bug Treatment
Good preparation makes the bed bug treatment process more effective, faster, less stressful and easier for everyone.
Here Are Some Things You Won’t Have To Do:
- DO NOT throw out mattresses or box springs. We can encapsulate them so that the bugs in them will never escape and they will starve to death. The exterior encapsulations will be sprayed with millions of 100% non-toxic Cimi-Shield particles that dissolve the bed bugs’ waxy coating so they die from dehydration within hours if they walk over the encapsulation.
- DO NOT use pesticides now or in the future as they are incompatible with Cimi-Shield. If you have usedthem please wash them off; they are dangerous to our inspection dog, Megan, and to your family.
- DO NOT use diatomaceous earth now or in the future as it is not compatible with our materials. If you have used it, please vacuum the diatomaceous earth up thoroughly (two times over!) It is dangerous to our inspection dog, Megan, and to your family.
- DO NOT move heavy furniture or beds. We will do that. We deconstruct your beds in order to encapsulate the mattresses and box springs, and we are very good at moving other heavy furniture.
- DO NOT worry about your food! Our material is food-grade, non-toxic, and safe. DO NOT empty any of your kitchen cabinets; bed bugs have little interest in being in rooms where no one sleeps. Nothing needs to be moved or bagged. The same goes for other cabinets in non-bedrooms.
- DO NOT feel that you have to leave during our service. In fact, we prefer that you stay with us as we work so that we can educate you about how to prevent bed bugs in the future. Remember, there is no danger from breathing or touching our Cimi-Shield material.
- DO NOT worry about fish tanks or pets; our material will not harm them.
Here Are Some Things To Do:
- - Pick up toys off the floors of rooms and closets.
- We appreciate if you have a vacuum available to us: we spend more time on "spring cleaning" than we do on applying Cimi-Shield
- If you are thinking about getting your carpets shampooed or steam-cleaned, do that BEFORE our service, as they should not be cleaned, except for vacuuming, for a year after our treatment.
At Bed Bugs all Gone you will enjoy the best overall value and results.
- - We respond rapidly to anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area and work long hours, six days a week to make sure you get the absolute best service…quickly, thoroughly and safely.
- - Your family and pets are totally safe since our treatment is non-toxic. We use Cimi-Shield, guaranteed by the manufacturer to be 100% non-toxic and “Generally Regarded As Safe” (GRAS) by the EPA. Its active ingredient is soybean oil, a natural substance which dissolves the bug’s waxy coating so bed bugs die from dehydration in just two to eight hours after exposure to Cimi-Shield.
- You have to do little or no preparation before we come out.
- - You get zero surprises since our fees are clearly noted (see the Best Value). In speaking with you by phone, we inform you that our fees vary depending on whether the property is vacant or occupied; unfurnished or furnished; and/or the level of infestation and clutter. We can give you a firm quote by phone 510-886-1236
- Non-toxic Cimi-Shield treatment kills bed bugs for an entire year and comes with a standard one year conditional warranty.
- We offer K-9 inspections. K-9’s have over 1,000 times the scenting ability of humans; it is incredible! Dogs are far more accurate in finding bed bugs than a human doing a physical inspection since bed bugs hide during the day. Our dog, Megan, is specially trained and is faster and far more precise than any human inspection.
- - We are local and family owned. Our owner was born in Palo Alto and received his degrees at Stanford. Our dog handler did her graduate work at San Jose State University.